It may sound simple if I say to “Practice your Dress” but if it was this simple, I wouldn’t be writing an entire blog post about it. Trust me on this one! 🙂
It is very usual that I come across brides who have trouble wearing the dress. They don’t know how the crinoline/jiboon is supposed to be worn. I’ve seen broken zippers and buttons, and what not. To make your wedding day stress-free, here are 5 tips to prepare and practice your dress beforehand.
- Practice wearing your dress at least 3-5 times before the wedding day to be comfortable with the fitting, buttons, zipper, lace, ribbons, etc.
- Know how to wear the dress with the crinoline (aka jiboon – the underskirt to make the ballgown fluffy).
- Try the dress with undergarments to make sure nothing shows & everything fits perfectly. Choose undergarments wisely (ex: strapless garments for strapless dress, etc).
- Wear the shoes/heels to practice walking in the dress. It will also help you be sure that the dress’s length is what you like.
- Last but not least, PLEASEEEEE try sitting in the dress to be 110% sure that it is possible!
Lovely Brides, I hope this blog post is helpful to you. May you shine in your dress like a rockstar princess!
Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid,
It was so easy to become friends with them.
They are both alike. Soft spoken, respectful, fun to be around.
And of course, in love! ❤
Starting their happily-ever-after with smiles spread across their face, dreams in their eyes, and love in their hearts for each other.
Venue: Metropolitan Hotel, Dubai 🏰
Decorator: AlShadda ✨
Dress: Eissa AlJassimi 👗
Shoes: Dior 👠
Bouquet: Dantel Flowers 💐
Photography: Rima Hassan Photography 🎥
Dearest Mahra & Ahmed,
I feel so proud to call you both my friends ❤ Thank you for your trust in my work and for having me witness you first day as officially-together. I pray to the Almighty that you both get happiness, health, and success in whatever you both do, always & forever. ameen.
I tried to explain them the process.
“Okay guys! We’ll have lots of fun. I need lots of dancing, fun, oh and smiles.”
“I can’t stop smiling!” he said innocently without taking his eyes off of her.
A unanimous “awwwww….” of the entire photo and video team echoed in the room. The rest of the night, the same room was filled with their love ❤
Aysha & Saeed’s engagement was celebrated at a private villa in Sharjah. The majlis room was decorated with a kosha of real flowers by HBG events. Aysha wore a breathtaking dress by Oia, Jumeirah. She carried a unique bouquet from Forever Bride. I think I totally drooled over for her absolutely gorgeous Miu Miu heels.
Dearest Aysha & Saeed,
You two have been ahhhhh-mazingggggg & suuuuuper fun to document. I thoroughly enjoyed capturing your beauty, laughter, dancing, and adorable love. Can’t wait to do it all over again, with tons of more ‘awww..’ moments on your wedding day inshaAllah ❤
Most people look at successful photographers/studios and think it is solely because of their amazing skills and techniques. Let Me. Tell You. The TRUTH!!!!
Honest equation of being a successful photographer/studio = 20% of Photography and 80% BUSI-NESS! (get it, busy-ness/business 😉 )
I’ll tell you what…if you are an aspiring photographer, it is easy to find photography techniques on Google. You may also learn by trial-&-error & self-teaching. But one thing that most people will not teach you is how to run the photography, or in fact ANY, business!
Very very fortunately, I graduated with a business degree (majors: marketing & management – graduated with honors – on full scholarship!) So here is my humble proposal to YOU!
- Do you want to learn about photography business?
- Need help with marketing & social media?
- Wanna learn how to write emails/contracts?
- Need help selling your services?
- Want to build a brand?
- Want to be your own boss?
If you answer YES to at least 2 of the questions above, you wouldn’t want to miss this chance. I’m hosting the very first Rima Hassan Photography’s Mixer on 9th December 2017 from 3pm-5pm in Jumeirah area, Dubai, where I will be answering all of these (and some more…) questions. And YOU are cordially invited. Only a couple of seats are left & registration will close on 7 December 2017. All you need to do is fill out the form on THIS LINK.
I hope you join me to celebrate photography & talk business!
Hello lovely Brides-to-Be,
When I spoke at the Pre-Wedding Extravaganza event hosted by MyList.ae, I shared insights on how to prepare for the wedding, setting timelines, communication, and expectations.
Here is another installment of UnOfficial Bridesmaid‘s post, for those who weren’t able to attend the event, to help brides-to-be with the pre-wedding planning & how to set expectations for wedding vendors & for yourself!
1. Setting Time
- remind all the vendors of your wedding date and location.
- discuss timeline with the decorator, makeup artist & hair stylist, photographer, ballroom staff, DJ, etc. All of Them!
- make sure the checks/payments are made/cleared a week before the wedding.
- keep grace period for everyone. If the makeup artist told you she will be there by 4pm, don’t expect that your makeup is starting at 4pm. She needs time to arrive, parking, setup her stuff, and then she starts her work.
- set aside plentyyyyyyyyyyyy of time for the photoshoot.
- please make sure to discuss details with all appropriate vendors.
- ask questions & explain yours concerns so the vendors can answer them.
- if you have a certain concern about photography, like one side of your face better than the other, don’t like the curtain colors of the bridal suite, make sure you discuss it with your photographer.
- don’t assume you will receive things (projectors, screens, extra pages in the album, extra tables/chairs in the ballroom) that are not mentioned on contract. If you want/need something, discuss the details beforehand with the specific vendor.
3. Setting Expectations
- how you set expectations of the wedding vendors is what you will receive. If you are late for a meeting, the vendor might think it is okay for you if they are late. Set their expectations right.
- make sure to explain each vendor how important time is for you. If everything is going in a timely manner, you will enjoy your wedding to the fullest. I PROMISE!
I hope these tips help you plan a wedding of your dreams. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask them in the comments section and I will be more than happy to answer them.
Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid,
I feel so humbled when MyList.ae invited me to speak again (for the third time to be exact) at their Pre-Wedding Extravaganza event to help the future brides-to-be hosted at Bloomingdale’s, The Dubai Mall.
I was able to speak alongside some wonderful wedding vendors including We Do Weddings & Events (wedding planner), Pret A Papier Design (invitations & stationary), MyList.ae (party favors & gifts), Magnolia Bakery, The White Boutique (catering), Bloomingdale’s professional team of makeup artists & jewelry specialist, and florist. All the wedding experts gave extremely useful tips to the future brides to help them plan their fairytale wedding.
I spoke about how to prepare for the wedding, timelines, budgeting, communicating with the vendors, and setting expectations. I will blog about these in details under UnOfficial Bridesmaid category for the future brides who were not able to attend.
Thank you super much to Line & Stefanie from MyList.ae for inviting me to speak at the event & for such an educational and successful event. I hope the brides use all the ideas, tips, and tricks while planning their wedding day and it helps them achieve the day of their dreams.
P.S. The past two MyList.ae’s events that I spoke at can be found HERE & HERE.
There was something about them…
Something very special!
Their body language around each other was absolutely adorable that
I couldn’t held back but smile at their every gesture.
As he sat next to her on the stage,
she moved her big ballgown on the side to make room for him.
He smiled at her with gratefulness. She smiled at him with shyness.
And of course, feeling my heart full, I smiled at them! ❤
Haitham & Ghaneema’s grand wedding was celebrated at Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi. The super talented Haifa AlMarri from Afkar Events impressed all the guests with the creatively executed kosha/stage design and extra attention to details of ballroom entrance and centerpieces. Ghaneema looked breathtaking in her Jacy Kay bridal gown, Miu Miu heels, and carried an immensely unique bouquet ❤
Dearest Ghaneema & Haitham,
I absolutely & unconditionally adoreeeeeeeeeeee you both!
I give complete credit to your mothers for raising you both so well (mashaAllah) because you both are suchhhhh amazinggggggg human-beings!!! May Allah showers you both with His utmost care, mercy, and love. I pray that you both bloom in each other’s presence and reach the peak of perfection. This world is truly a better place because of sweethearts like you both ❤
Lots of Love,