I’m a sucker for great quotes.
Words that lift you up, provide food for soul and validate that its okay to be sad or happy or rebellious against the norms.
Today, I want to share something very close to my heart. It’s an advice for people who are different (whether people like it or not), who don’t follow the crowd, and who live out loud.
“You are going to meet people who are intimidated by you. You are different. People don’t know how to react or how to accept someone who doesn’t follow the crowd….They are not used to someone who doesn’t try to fit in. So instead of bolstering your uniqueness, they’ll try and make you feel like you are the weird or damaged. I’m here to offer some well earned advice: — Screw Them!” ~ Alfa || You’re Different
If you want to read more uplifting & inspiring words of wisdom, every Friday I share quotes (and my take on them) that inspire me to be a better person and at everything I do. You may find them with the hashtag #RimaSays (on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter).
What’s your favorite quote(s)?
Feel free to share them in the comments section.
I’d love to hear from you ❤
I read somewhere that just as we feed our bodies with good food, we should feed our minds with good quotes. Following is a list of 10 quotes that I believe can be life lessons and my take on them…
- Don’t let your difficulties fill you with anxiety. It is only in the darkest nights, stars shine more brilliantly. – Imam Ali
- You are stronger than your difficulties
- Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer.
- Stop pleasing people. Do your thing & you’ll earn the respect
- Whatever you are, be a good one. – Abraham Lincoln
- Be the best version of yourself
- Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and if you are alive they crave your company. – Imam Ali
- Be a listening ear, a reason for someone’s smile, a shoulder to cry on…
- Be somebody who makes everybody feels like a somebody.
- People should always come first – regardless of their status, bank balance, and influence.
- Money doesn’t make you rich. Attitude does.
- Be with those who support your being. – Rumi
- Be around people who lift you up and also be the one lifting others.
- A flower doesn’t compete with the flower next to it. It just blooms!
- Jealousy never does good to people.
- Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.
- Pray regularly. Your faith should overcome the fear…
- Take risks. If you win, you will be happy. If you lose, you will be wise.
- The key is to be brave and do it. Done is better than perfect…
You may follow the hashtag #RimaSays on Instagram to follow up with my collection of quotes.
I would love to know which one of the quotes stuck out to you most and why….and if you have any of your favorite quotes / life lessons, feel free to share in the comments below.