I recently met 3 new brides who complained about the photographers who took their engagement photos. I clenched my heart because for me it wasn’t just 3 brides. It was 3 brides’ three days that were suppose to be cherished for lifetime yet the couple’s were left with bitter memories.
It has been long I shared tips about how to ‘Choose The Wedding Photographer‘ but I felt the dire need of writing this post to make it easier for the couples to find the wedding photographer who is best fit for them.
- Personality – I deliberately put personality before portfolio because regardless of how amazing the portfolio of a photographer is, if they are not a problem-solver and not mentally-present, it should ring sirens for a chaos. Choose someone who can calm the storm, makes you feel comfortable, & provides you an experience along with great photos & service.
- Portfolio – the entire quality of a photographer’s work is what you should look for. People share highly curated images on Instagram but the albums are not even half as good as those images. Ask the photographer to show you a complete wedding instead of their Instagram photos.
- Professionalism – communication, explanation of the packages, contracts, handling things & situations, treating the family members and other wedding vendors, sense of dressing are just few things a wedding photographer needs to be great at.
- Punctuality – Oh-Em-Gee! I can’t emphasize enough on this. Would you really want to hire someone who doesn’t reply back to your emails/texts/DMs? Brides, its not only the wedding day, do keenly consider how fast the photographer will deliver the photos/videos/albums of your wedding.
- Public Relations (PR) – this goes for both – a photographer’s public relations with other wedding vendors as well as past clients. If a photographer is recommended by their past clients and/or other wedding vendors because of their personality, portfolio, professionalism, punctuality, and customer service – you need to hire them asap before someone does!
I hope you find the best photographer who provides you an experience along with beautiful photos & memories that you cherish for a lifetime.
Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid,