Most people look at successful photographers/studios and think it is solely because of their amazing skills and techniques. Let Me. Tell You. The TRUTH!!!!
Honest equation of being a successful photographer/studio = 20% of Photography and 80% BUSI-NESS! (get it, busy-ness/business 😉 )
I’ll tell you what…if you are an aspiring photographer, it is easy to find photography techniques on Google. You may also learn by trial-&-error & self-teaching. But one thing that most people will not teach you is how to run the photography, or in fact ANY, business!
Very very fortunately, I graduated with a business degree (majors: marketing & management – graduated with honors – on full scholarship!) So here is my humble proposal to YOU!
- Do you want to learn about photography business?
- Need help with marketing & social media?
- Wanna learn how to write emails/contracts?
- Need help selling your services?
- Want to build a brand?
- Want to be your own boss?
If you answer YES to at least 2 of the questions above, you wouldn’t want to miss this chance. I’m hosting the very first Rima Hassan Photography’s Mixer on 9th December 2017 from 3pm-5pm in Jumeirah area, Dubai, where I will be answering all of these (and some more…) questions. And YOU are cordially invited. Only a couple of seats are left & registration will close on 7 December 2017. All you need to do is fill out the form on THIS LINK.
I hope you join me to celebrate photography & talk business!
They love each other for who they are.
How they are. How they made them feel about themselves.
Making this world more colorful. More joyous. More lovable.
Filling and fulfilling each other’s lives, presence, & purpose.
Aisha & Abdulla’s super romantic wedding was celebrated at Armani Hotel in Burj Khalifa, Dubai. The ballroom & kosha/stage was decorated by Dream Wedding Services. Aysha’s makeup was done by Donna and she looked breathtaking in her white bridal gown, YSL heels, and carried a bouquet made of fresh red roses by Only Roses.
Dearest Aisha & Abdulla,
You two have been nothing short of amazing! Its my honor that I got to document you both and took great pleasure in it. I hope you both continue to rock each other’s lives with your lively personalities. May Allah fills your lives with more colors, more laughter, more success, and more love. Always & Forever, ameen.
I felt alone…
Nowhere to turn to, no one to ask for help.
Refreshing the inbox every 5 minutes waiting for the enquiries’ email is frustrating. Very frustrating. Starting a business wasn’t easy. I didn’t know where to look for the ideal brides, how to reach them, how to price the packages, and the list goes on.
Five years later, as I enter the 6th year of business, I can proudly say that I have established not only a successful business (Alhamdullilah) with the bestest of clients (double Alhamdullilah), I continue to try my best to help both (the brides & the photographer friends) who need help with photography and business.
In honor of my consistent photographer-followers, who ask me questions about both photography and business, I am hosting my First Rima Hassan Photography’s Mixer!
If you are a photography lover, especially wedding photography, I cordially invite you to join me for a fun event on 9th December 2017 from 3pm-5pm in Jumeirah area, Dubai. Yes, I will be answering questions about building a brand, social media, running a business, photography, and marketing your wedding services. There will be lots of food & lotsssssssss of fun & informative chatting involved! ❤
This event is FREE but highly private, RSVP is must as the seats are very limited. More details & venue of the mixer will be sent via email to the confirmed attendees.
I hope to see you there & don’t hesitate to bring in allllllll the questions that you need answered.
Let’s Celebrate Photography!
Because together we go farther… ❤
She looked exactly like Huda Kattan.
Stunning, poised, and lots of fun.
Her smile was lighting up the room, making everyone around her joyous.
The very beautiful bride’s lovable personality & heartfelt laugh was the reason behind everyone’s smile Especially his…
Haya & Mohammed’s engagement was celebrated at Ras Al Khaimah Hotel. The ballroom was decorated by Mohannas. Haya wore a cute baby pink dress from Baloushi Couture, heels from Christian Dior, and diamonds with pearls jewelry.
Dearest Haya & Mohammed,
Thank you super much for being absolutely lovely! I feel so grateful to be able to document your first day as husband & wife, for your friendship, and for the warmest welcome by your family and friends. I pray to Allah that he showers you both (as well as your families) with His love and mercy, forever.
Hello lovely Brides-to-Be,
When I spoke at the Pre-Wedding Extravaganza event hosted by MyList.ae, I shared insights on how to prepare for the wedding, setting timelines, communication, and expectations.
Here is another installment of UnOfficial Bridesmaid‘s post, for those who weren’t able to attend the event, to help brides-to-be with the pre-wedding planning & how to set expectations for wedding vendors & for yourself!
1. Setting Time
- remind all the vendors of your wedding date and location.
- discuss timeline with the decorator, makeup artist & hair stylist, photographer, ballroom staff, DJ, etc. All of Them!
- make sure the checks/payments are made/cleared a week before the wedding.
- keep grace period for everyone. If the makeup artist told you she will be there by 4pm, don’t expect that your makeup is starting at 4pm. She needs time to arrive, parking, setup her stuff, and then she starts her work.
- set aside plentyyyyyyyyyyyy of time for the photoshoot.
- please make sure to discuss details with all appropriate vendors.
- ask questions & explain yours concerns so the vendors can answer them.
- if you have a certain concern about photography, like one side of your face better than the other, don’t like the curtain colors of the bridal suite, make sure you discuss it with your photographer.
- don’t assume you will receive things (projectors, screens, extra pages in the album, extra tables/chairs in the ballroom) that are not mentioned on contract. If you want/need something, discuss the details beforehand with the specific vendor.
3. Setting Expectations
- how you set expectations of the wedding vendors is what you will receive. If you are late for a meeting, the vendor might think it is okay for you if they are late. Set their expectations right.
- make sure to explain each vendor how important time is for you. If everything is going in a timely manner, you will enjoy your wedding to the fullest. I PROMISE!
I hope these tips help you plan a wedding of your dreams. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask them in the comments section and I will be more than happy to answer them.
Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid,
I feel so humbled when MyList.ae invited me to speak again (for the third time to be exact) at their Pre-Wedding Extravaganza event to help the future brides-to-be hosted at Bloomingdale’s, The Dubai Mall.
I was able to speak alongside some wonderful wedding vendors including We Do Weddings & Events (wedding planner), Pret A Papier Design (invitations & stationary), MyList.ae (party favors & gifts), Magnolia Bakery, The White Boutique (catering), Bloomingdale’s professional team of makeup artists & jewelry specialist, and florist. All the wedding experts gave extremely useful tips to the future brides to help them plan their fairytale wedding.
I spoke about how to prepare for the wedding, timelines, budgeting, communicating with the vendors, and setting expectations. I will blog about these in details under UnOfficial Bridesmaid category for the future brides who were not able to attend.
Thank you super much to Line & Stefanie from MyList.ae for inviting me to speak at the event & for such an educational and successful event. I hope the brides use all the ideas, tips, and tricks while planning their wedding day and it helps them achieve the day of their dreams.
P.S. The past two MyList.ae’s events that I spoke at can be found HERE & HERE.