It may sound simple if I say to “Practice your Dress” but if it was this simple, I wouldn’t be writing an entire blog post about it. Trust me on this one! 🙂
It is very usual that I come across brides who have trouble wearing the dress. They don’t know how the crinoline/jiboon is supposed to be worn. I’ve seen broken zippers and buttons, and what not. To make your wedding day stress-free, here are 5 tips to prepare and practice your dress beforehand.
- Practice wearing your dress at least 3-5 times before the wedding day to be comfortable with the fitting, buttons, zipper, lace, ribbons, etc.
- Know how to wear the dress with the crinoline (aka jiboon – the underskirt to make the ballgown fluffy).
- Try the dress with undergarments to make sure nothing shows & everything fits perfectly. Choose undergarments wisely (ex: strapless garments for strapless dress, etc).
- Wear the shoes/heels to practice walking in the dress. It will also help you be sure that the dress’s length is what you like.
- Last but not least, PLEASEEEEE try sitting in the dress to be 110% sure that it is possible!
Lovely Brides, I hope this blog post is helpful to you. May you shine in your dress like a rockstar princess!
Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid,
Her bubbly personality & warm friendly smile was lighting up the room.
Surrounded by her friends, she was the life of the party. I had no doubt this gorgeous girl, with her beautiful heart, will bring party to his life – as his bride.
Venue: Aloft Hotel, Abu Dhabi 🏰
Decorator: Mona Sabaat ✨
Makeup: Layaly 💄
Dress: Aisha Almuhairi 👗
Shoes: Charles & Keith 👠
Bouquet: Amaryllis Flowers 💐
Photo & Video: Rima Hassan Photography 🎥
Dearest Maryam & Naser,
Thank you for being so welcoming, warm, and adorable. It had been super fun to document your big day with lots of joy, laughter, and love. May Allah showers you both with best of the best because you two don’t deserve anything less.
It is always such a pleasure to be invited for MyList.ae‘s events. Their team is warm, welcoming, and sweethearts to say the least. And their events are fun, educational, and useful especially for the brides-to-be. This time, MyList.ae hosted a wonderful tea party in collaboration with John Lewis at Robinsons Department Store.
The attendees enjoyed TWG’s delicious tea, mouthwatering mini-treats, a photo-booth, and took part in raffle draws worth AED 4000+ of beautiful products from John Lewis.
P.S. The past three MyList.ae’s events that I attended & spoke at can be found HERE (Ethan Allen), HERE (Mall of Emirates), and HERE (bloomingdale’s).
P.P.S. Follow MyList.ae on Instagram for future events. I hope to see you at their next event ❤