My darling Brides-To-Be,
Writing the last blog post about the 5 things brides forget on the wedding day, I thought a detailed post with a bride’s must haves is essential. Although you may buy Sephora’s Minimergency Kit that is ready to use but making one with things from your favorite brands is more fun (& useable).
Bridesmaids, it is a wonderful idea to make this emergency kit for your girlfriends 😉 Just saying….
Following are a handful things that you may need/want on the day of the wedding day and honeymoon.
- BreathMints/Chewing gum – to get your mouth ready for that first kiss.
- Tweezers – for stray hair and clamped lashes.
- Blotting Paper – to absorb the oil & remove shine.
- Face Mist – to refresh the makeup & calm the skin.
- Tissue Papers – to dab away happy tears.
- Safety & Bobby pins – always come in handy.
- Stain Remover – God forbid you need to use them.
- Adhesive band-aids – for small cuts/injuries.
- Earring backs – I lose them like a magician.
- Deodorant towelette – in case you are not carrying a deo.
- Nail polish remover pad – for girls who need to pray.
- Tooth paste & brush – are not included in most hotels’ toiletries.
- Lip balm – for chapped/dry lips.
- Nail filer – always carry one. Alwaysssss!
- Hair spray – to hold hair in place.
- Dental floss – for a picture perfect smile.
- Mending/Sewing kit – I had actually sew a bride’s ripped dress.
- Double-sided tape – for falling hemlines & plunging necklines.
- Pain reliever – for head/stomach aches.
- Lipstick – Ladies, don’t ever underestimate the power of lipstick 😉
Here is a bonus tip – if you are a hijabi (mohajibba), a few hair-ties and a nude-color scarf will definitely come in handy!
I hope the list helps you prepare your emergency kit. For any questions/concerns or to add something to the list, feel free to leave a comment.
Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid,
Words can never explain how much I love my brides. To the moon & beyond…
While my brides have proven to be very organized and amazing planners, I’ve seen a constant pattern of things that most brides tend to forget on the wedding day. Although it is never intentional and totally understandable as the wedding planning is not a piece of cake, but a little reminder is always nice.
Here is a list of 5 things that most brides forget & my two cents about those things. May this post helps you plan your dream wedding day even better, inshaAllah.
- Have the groom’s wedding ring with you.
You’ll need all two/three for the detail photos so make sure the groom’s ring is with you on the day of the wedding.
- Wedding invitation card.
Invitation cards/suite/stationary often tends to get lost years after the wedding. Have them incorporated within the photos. Also, invitation cards provide great ring shots with bride & groom’s names/logos.
- Hangers/mannequin for the dress.
Make sure the hanger is not colorful/flashy to take the attention away from the dress. Also, the hanger should be able to bear the weight of the dress & its hook should be TWIST-ABLE! If you are getting a mannequin, check if the dress fits on it properly and the base is stable.
- Emergency kit.
A sewing kit, bobby pins, safety pins, Tide pen (stain-remover), tissues, face-mist, small scissors, double-sided tape, mini deodorant, nail-filer – are just a few things you might need on the wedding day.
- Eat!!! Pleaseeeeeeeee.
OMG! There is nothing more frightening than watching a malnourished bride faint on a wedding day. I HAVE SEEN IT!!! Not only it is terrifying, it sucks out all the fun and also reduces so much time for photos. Make sure to eat well before the makeup starts.
The ONLY thing I actually wish the brides forget on their wedding day is worrying! Don’t get caught up in the midst of tiny imperfections, a loose thread, a missing flower from the bouquet, etc. Try to enjoy your day to the fullest despite of the small stuff.
May you have an UNFORGETTABLE wedding day, ameen.
Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid,