It has officially become a yearly ritual.
Like the past 4 years, today marks the birthday of my blog and I can’t wait to celebrate it with this year’s thankful list. It’s always serves as a reminder of the year that has ended and a hope for a better future.
I’m thankful to the Almighty for accepting my prayers regardless of my negligence.
I’m thankful for being alive and making through the roughest patches of life.
I’m thankful for my health – that allows me to eat, pray, work, & travel, alhamdullilah.
I’m thankful for my family – for not reminding me of my mistakes.
I’m thankful for friends – for accepting me with my flaws.
I’m thankful for my clients – they are my cheerleaders & business anchors.
I’m thankful for #loveletters – they validate that I’m doing what I love & doing it right.
I’m thankful for a kick-a** hardworking team – they are best of the best!
I’m thankful for continuous growth – both personal & professional.
I’m thankful for books – my best-friends during long days & sleepless nights.
I’m thankful for online-shopping – it satisfies my addiction of retail-therapy.
I’m thankful for my camera, blog, readers & followers – I ❤ You all!
I’m thankful for Ladies Club membership – it has become my happy place.
I’m thankful for my therapist – regardless of her expensiveness.
I’m thankful for struggles – they strive me to hustle harder.
I’m thankful for warm hugs – they remind me how powerful love is.
I’m thankful for this life. With its good-bad-fugly times.
I’m thankful for embracing it all!
I’m so very thankful for my blog, clients, followers, friends, and family who make me more ME. Who listen to what I have to say and understand things that I don’t say. As Rumi would quote ‘they flame my fire’. I’m grateful for alllllll that I have and even more grateful for all that I’m about to embrace.
Happy Birthday Love.
Thankful List – 2014
Thankful List – 2015 – Bring it On
Thankful List – 2016 – Dreaming Big
Thankful List – 2017 – Continuing to Learn
Eid Al Azha Mubarak ❤
May this Eid be the brightest and best you’ve ever had.
I pray that the Almighty helps all amongst us who are helpless,
worried, heartbroken, and waiting for His rehmat, ameen.
Please don’t forget the less fortunate ones in your prayers & celebrations.
Be kind to one another… ❤
I’m oh-so-thrilled to announce that RimaHassanBlog.com has been ranked as #2 and has been awarded Top 10 Dubai Photography Blogs ❤ (full article can be read here)
These blogs are ranked based on following criteria:
- Google reputation and Google search ranking.
- Influence and popularity on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites.
- Quality and consistency of posts.
- Feedspot.com’s editorial team and expert review.
The awards are given because these blogs are actively working to educate, inspire, and empower their readers with frequent updates and high-quality information.
Congratulations to the fellow recipients of the awards.
May we continue to produce quality content, educate, inspire, and hustle harder!
~ Alhamdullilah x 1,000,000…
As this year started, I made a list of resolutions for 2018 and sharing personal blog posts landed on number 4. Although I wasn’t able to share as much as I wanted to, but here is an up-close and personal insight of my life.
Following is my list of 10 things that I absolutely love but can’t get enough of… (in random order):
- Waking up super early – OMG, I feel overflow of creativity early in the mornings & get so0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o much done (and by early I mean between 4:30-6am).
- Karak-Chaye – I can’t start my day without it. Life’s better with Karak-chaye.
- Meeting followers/blog readers – this has to be my most favorite of all! I absolutely love when a follower/reader comes up and says Hi. It makes all the hard work & time that I spend producing content so much more worth-while.
- Sound of my camera shutter – sorry if it sounds weird but I absolutely love the ‘chunk’ of me pressing the camera button and the following of ‘chuck’ of camera shutter. It makes me feel like something of great value has been produced & legacy has been captured.
- Retail-therapy – feel so guilty for admitting this, but I only go shopping for myself (and have a high tendency to spend more than I intend to) in the name of retail-therapy.
- Car washes – this has to be my newest addiction (ever since I bought a black car in a dust-stormy Dubai). #NoOneToldMe about problems with black cars.
- Stationary – I had always been obsessed with pretty pencils & pens and all-things-stationary as a kid. Even to this date, I make sure to visit the Back-To-School aisles at stores. Notice the pens I use to sign the contract if we ever meet 😉
- Covers & smell of new books – books are the only thing I judge by the covers & I love the smell of new books. I spend more money on books than I spend on clothes.
- Perfumes – has to be my most expensive addiction. I kid-you-not! I’m obsessed with smells (good ones ONLY) & have perfumes for everything (tons for myself, my car, home, abayas, hand bags, gym clothes, bakhoor/oud for the house, and the list goes on….).
- Receiving #Lo0oveLetters – I’m fixated on them. Almost as much as I’m addicted to love. When I have a bigger house (inshaAllah), I’d probably print out all the loveletters that my couples have sent me and frame them. All of them!
Friends, feel free to share in the comments below all the things that you absolutely love and can’t get anough of or something from the above list that you agree with or have also been obsessed with. I’d love to know!
If you’ve followed me a while you know for certain, and if you’re new around…well, I’ll bet you’re catching on pretty quickly, too. This blog & my Instagram are place where I share my passion for wedding photography, travels, tips & tricks for brides-to-be as well as for photographers, and quotes to live by.
Whether you come for all of it, or just some bits and pieces, I want to thank you for coming at all. Thank you for caring about what I say and thank you for all your helpful feedback in shaping my brand into one that resonates with you. You’re the reason I get to keep doing what I do, and I am forever grateful. Really. Thank You.
I’ve always been a fan of wedding vows & promises that brides and grooms make to each other. They promise to love and cherish each other in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad.
Here are my set of promises to my future couples who hire me to document their document day.
I promise you to be at your wedding day as more than just a photographer.
I promise that I understand how important of a day it is for you.
I promise to hand you tissues if you cry. I promise to hold your dress if you need to use the bathroom & to carry your bouquet on our way to the ballroom.
I promise to make you feel like the most beautiful couple & get rid of any insecurities or stress you might have.
I promise to put my heart & soul in documenting your wedding day to the best of my ability. I promise to capture your legacy that will be worth showing to your children & grandchildren.
I promise that hiring me will be the best decision you will make for your wedding day.
I promise you good times & countless smiles in front of my camera.
I promise you that I will take care of you. Not only on the day wedding but throughout the entire process.
I Promise You! ❤
P.S. Here are all the #lo0oveletters that my past couples have sent me. Alhamdulillah for best of the best clients who become amazing friends ❤
It is mid-February already and I’m officially starting the brand new year (January was just a trial month 😀 ).
I finally got a chance to jot down a list of resolutions that I’m planning to accomplish in 2018 (better late than never right?!?).
Resolutions & some more for 2018:
- have a personal photoshoot done.
- don’t be afraid to stay real.
- explore two destinations & four new places within Dubai this year.
- write more of personal blogs.
- pay extra attention to details (both personal & professional).
- do more styled photoshoots.
- work on passion projects.
- go to the gym more.
- catch up with family & friends regularly.
- get back to reading books.
- take time out when needed.
- lower expectations.
- accept changes.
- be more grateful…
- accomplish at least 11 resolutions from this list!
I know its a lo0o0ong way to go but wanting more of goodness isn’t harmful. Hopefully I’ll be able to look at this post at the end of 2018 and check-off most (if not all) resolutions 🙂
Books, movies, articles, poems, songs….
I’d welcome everything & anything that has to do with love.
As the Valentine’s day marks the calendar today, I just wanted to say out loud how much I love LOVE! ❤
I hope you cherish & Celebrate Love not just today, but each & everyday… ❤
Happy New Year!!! ❤
As we start a near year, may it be turn out to be great, and all your dreams come true inshaAllah. I wish you success, happiness, prosperity, a lot of health, and love.