It may sound simple if I say to “Practice your Dress” but if it was this simple, I wouldn’t be writing an entire blog post about it. Trust me on this one! 🙂
It is very usual that I come across brides who have trouble wearing the dress. They don’t know how the crinoline/jiboon is supposed to be worn. I’ve seen broken zippers and buttons, and what not. To make your wedding day stress-free, here are 5 tips to prepare and practice your dress beforehand.
- Practice wearing your dress at least 3-5 times before the wedding day to be comfortable with the fitting, buttons, zipper, lace, ribbons, etc.
- Know how to wear the dress with the crinoline (aka jiboon – the underskirt to make the ballgown fluffy).
- Try the dress with undergarments to make sure nothing shows & everything fits perfectly. Choose undergarments wisely (ex: strapless garments for strapless dress, etc).
- Wear the shoes/heels to practice walking in the dress. It will also help you be sure that the dress’s length is what you like.
- Last but not least, PLEASEEEEE try sitting in the dress to be 110% sure that it is possible!
Lovely Brides, I hope this blog post is helpful to you. May you shine in your dress like a rockstar princess!
Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid,
Dear Photographer Friends,
Before I start this post, here is the brutal-honest-truth: I’m not a social media specialist or a guru. But obsessively using social media for years, running a successful business and thriving it solely because of it, I can safely say that the following useful pointers may help you with some ideas on how to use social media more strategically.
The biggest turn off for me is when I visit a photographer’s Instagram account (or any business account) and I can’t figure out what they do & where they are located.
- Clearly mention WHAT you do (wedding photographer, portrait photographer, etc).
- Do mention WHERE you are based (Dubai – UAE, NYC – USA, London – UK, etc).
- State HOW your prospective clients can Contact / Connect with you (email address, contact form, website/blog, phone number, direct message, etc).
- Make your Instagram grid & Facebook feed consistent (colors, style, etc).
- Post regularly. Avoid posting 4-5 photos a day and then long breaks. Pay keen attention to the time you are getting most engagement. Make your own posting schedule & patterns.
- Show Personality!!! People are investing more into WHO you are as a person. Show what books you are reading, what kind of pets you have, what cool places you are exploring, your favorite drink/food/place, etc. Give people a reason to connect.
- Create Content. Show the process or before/after photo of your work. Answer frequently asked questions to help those who are starting out as well as to your clients.
- STOP turning your Instagram/Facebook profiles/captions into advertisements. It is okay to post occasional ads but people are more interested in behind-the-scenes and reading about your clients, knowing the process of how you got that photo, etc.
Friends, I hope this blog post helps you change a few things around and gets you to think more strategically.
I pray for your success & hope to celebrate it together virtually, so let’s connect on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to meet you there!
It was so easy to become friends with them.
They are both alike. Soft spoken, respectful, fun to be around.
And of course, in love! ❤
Starting their happily-ever-after with smiles spread across their face, dreams in their eyes, and love in their hearts for each other.
Venue: Metropolitan Hotel, Dubai 🏰
Decorator: AlShadda ✨
Dress: Eissa AlJassimi 👗
Shoes: Dior 👠
Bouquet: Dantel Flowers 💐
Photography: Rima Hassan Photography 🎥
Dearest Mahra & Ahmed,
I feel so proud to call you both my friends ❤ Thank you for your trust in my work and for having me witness you first day as officially-together. I pray to the Almighty that you both get happiness, health, and success in whatever you both do, always & forever. ameen.
Her bubbly personality & warm friendly smile was lighting up the room.
Surrounded by her friends, she was the life of the party. I had no doubt this gorgeous girl, with her beautiful heart, will bring party to his life – as his bride.
Venue: Aloft Hotel, Abu Dhabi 🏰
Decorator: Mona Sabaat ✨
Makeup: Layaly 💄
Dress: Aisha Almuhairi 👗
Shoes: Charles & Keith 👠
Bouquet: Amaryllis Flowers 💐
Photo & Video: Rima Hassan Photography 🎥
Dearest Maryam & Naser,
Thank you for being so welcoming, warm, and adorable. It had been super fun to document your big day with lots of joy, laughter, and love. May Allah showers you both with best of the best because you two don’t deserve anything less.
It is always such a pleasure to be invited for MyList.ae‘s events. Their team is warm, welcoming, and sweethearts to say the least. And their events are fun, educational, and useful especially for the brides-to-be. This time, MyList.ae hosted a wonderful tea party in collaboration with John Lewis at Robinsons Department Store.
The attendees enjoyed TWG’s delicious tea, mouthwatering mini-treats, a photo-booth, and took part in raffle draws worth AED 4000+ of beautiful products from John Lewis.
P.S. The past three MyList.ae’s events that I attended & spoke at can be found HERE (Ethan Allen), HERE (Mall of Emirates), and HERE (bloomingdale’s).
P.P.S. Follow MyList.ae on Instagram for future events. I hope to see you at their next event ❤
It is mid-February already and I’m officially starting the brand new year (January was just a trial month 😀 ).
I finally got a chance to jot down a list of resolutions that I’m planning to accomplish in 2018 (better late than never right?!?).
Resolutions & some more for 2018:
- have a personal photoshoot done.
- don’t be afraid to stay real.
- explore two destinations & four new places within Dubai this year.
- write more of personal blogs.
- pay extra attention to details (both personal & professional).
- do more styled photoshoots.
- work on passion projects.
- go to the gym more.
- catch up with family & friends regularly.
- get back to reading books.
- take time out when needed.
- lower expectations.
- accept changes.
- be more grateful…
- accomplish at least 11 resolutions from this list!
I know its a lo0o0ong way to go but wanting more of goodness isn’t harmful. Hopefully I’ll be able to look at this post at the end of 2018 and check-off most (if not all) resolutions 🙂
They were both in their own time zone.
Where the orbits revolved around them as they were occupied looking at each other. It felt like the time has stopped as they welcomed their soulmate into their lives, absorbing the feeling of fulfillment and being complete.
Venue: Sheraton Sharjah Beach Resort 🏰
Decorator: Dream Wedding Services ✨
Makeup: Zainab 💄
Dress: customized from Kuwait 👗
Shoes: Chanel 👠
Bouquet: Tiffani Flowers, Ajman 💐
Photo & Video: Rima Hassan Photography 🎥
Dearest Alia & Saif,
Thank you for being super fun and making my work more enjoyable. My team & I had immense pleasure in photographing your bubbly personalities & love. May Allah keeps you both under His mercy and showers your both with highest blessings, ameen.
Books, movies, articles, poems, songs….
I’d welcome everything & anything that has to do with love.
As the Valentine’s day marks the calendar today, I just wanted to say out loud how much I love LOVE! ❤
I hope you cherish & Celebrate Love not just today, but each & everyday… ❤