As this year started, I made a list of resolutions for 2018 and sharing personal blog posts landed on number 4. Although I wasn’t able to share as much as I wanted to, but here is an up-close and personal insight of my life.
Following is my list of 10 things that I absolutely love but can’t get enough of… (in random order):
- Waking up super early – OMG, I feel overflow of creativity early in the mornings & get so0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o much done (and by early I mean between 4:30-6am).
- Karak-Chaye – I can’t start my day without it. Life’s better with Karak-chaye.
- Meeting followers/blog readers – this has to be my most favorite of all! I absolutely love when a follower/reader comes up and says Hi. It makes all the hard work & time that I spend producing content so much more worth-while.
- Sound of my camera shutter – sorry if it sounds weird but I absolutely love the ‘chunk’ of me pressing the camera button and the following of ‘chuck’ of camera shutter. It makes me feel like something of great value has been produced & legacy has been captured.
- Retail-therapy – feel so guilty for admitting this, but I only go shopping for myself (and have a high tendency to spend more than I intend to) in the name of retail-therapy.
- Car washes – this has to be my newest addiction (ever since I bought a black car in a dust-stormy Dubai). #NoOneToldMe about problems with black cars.
- Stationary – I had always been obsessed with pretty pencils & pens and all-things-stationary as a kid. Even to this date, I make sure to visit the Back-To-School aisles at stores. Notice the pens I use to sign the contract if we ever meet 😉
- Covers & smell of new books – books are the only thing I judge by the covers & I love the smell of new books. I spend more money on books than I spend on clothes.
- Perfumes – has to be my most expensive addiction. I kid-you-not! I’m obsessed with smells (good ones ONLY) & have perfumes for everything (tons for myself, my car, home, abayas, hand bags, gym clothes, bakhoor/oud for the house, and the list goes on….).
- Receiving #Lo0oveLetters – I’m fixated on them. Almost as much as I’m addicted to love. When I have a bigger house (inshaAllah), I’d probably print out all the loveletters that my couples have sent me and frame them. All of them!
Friends, feel free to share in the comments below all the things that you absolutely love and can’t get anough of or something from the above list that you agree with or have also been obsessed with. I’d love to know!