It may sound simple if I say to “Practice your Dress” but if it was this simple, I wouldn’t be writing an entire blog post about it. Trust me on this one! 🙂
It is very usual that I come across brides who have trouble wearing the dress. They don’t know how the crinoline/jiboon is supposed to be worn. I’ve seen broken zippers and buttons, and what not. To make your wedding day stress-free, here are 5 tips to prepare and practice your dress beforehand.
- Practice wearing your dress at least 3-5 times before the wedding day to be comfortable with the fitting, buttons, zipper, lace, ribbons, etc.
- Know how to wear the dress with the crinoline (aka jiboon – the underskirt to make the ballgown fluffy).
- Try the dress with undergarments to make sure nothing shows & everything fits perfectly. Choose undergarments wisely (ex: strapless garments for strapless dress, etc).
- Wear the shoes/heels to practice walking in the dress. It will also help you be sure that the dress’s length is what you like.
- Last but not least, PLEASEEEEE try sitting in the dress to be 110% sure that it is possible!
Lovely Brides, I hope this blog post is helpful to you. May you shine in your dress like a rockstar princess!
Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid,