My darling Brides-To-Be,
Writing the last blog post about the 5 things brides forget on the wedding day, I thought a detailed post with a bride’s must haves is essential. Although you may buy Sephora’s Minimergency Kit that is ready to use but making one with things from your favorite brands is more fun (& useable).
Bridesmaids, it is a wonderful idea to make this emergency kit for your girlfriends 😉 Just saying….
Following are a handful things that you may need/want on the day of the wedding day and honeymoon.
- BreathMints/Chewing gum – to get your mouth ready for that first kiss.
- Tweezers – for stray hair and clamped lashes.
- Blotting Paper – to absorb the oil & remove shine.
- Face Mist – to refresh the makeup & calm the skin.
- Tissue Papers – to dab away happy tears.
- Safety & Bobby pins – always come in handy.
- Stain Remover – God forbid you need to use them.
- Adhesive band-aids – for small cuts/injuries.
- Earring backs – I lose them like a magician.
- Deodorant towelette – in case you are not carrying a deo.
- Nail polish remover pad – for girls who need to pray.
- Tooth paste & brush – are not included in most hotels’ toiletries.
- Lip balm – for chapped/dry lips.
- Nail filer – always carry one. Alwaysssss!
- Hair spray – to hold hair in place.
- Dental floss – for a picture perfect smile.
- Mending/Sewing kit – I had actually sew a bride’s ripped dress.
- Double-sided tape – for falling hemlines & plunging necklines.
- Pain reliever – for head/stomach aches.
- Lipstick – Ladies, don’t ever underestimate the power of lipstick 😉
Here is a bonus tip – if you are a hijabi (mohajibba), a few hair-ties and a nude-color scarf will definitely come in handy!
I hope the list helps you prepare your emergency kit. For any questions/concerns or to add something to the list, feel free to leave a comment.
Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid,