I read somewhere that just as we feed our bodies with good food, we should feed our minds with good quotes. Following is a list of 10 quotes that I believe can be life lessons and my take on them…
- Don’t let your difficulties fill you with anxiety. It is only in the darkest nights, stars shine more brilliantly. – Imam Ali
- You are stronger than your difficulties
- Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer.
- Stop pleasing people. Do your thing & you’ll earn the respect
- Whatever you are, be a good one. – Abraham Lincoln
- Be the best version of yourself
- Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and if you are alive they crave your company. – Imam Ali
- Be a listening ear, a reason for someone’s smile, a shoulder to cry on…
- Be somebody who makes everybody feels like a somebody.
- People should always come first – regardless of their status, bank balance, and influence.
- Money doesn’t make you rich. Attitude does.
- Be with those who support your being. – Rumi
- Be around people who lift you up and also be the one lifting others.
- A flower doesn’t compete with the flower next to it. It just blooms!
- Jealousy never does good to people.
- Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.
- Pray regularly. Your faith should overcome the fear…
- Take risks. If you win, you will be happy. If you lose, you will be wise.
- The key is to be brave and do it. Done is better than perfect…
You may follow the hashtag #RimaSays on Instagram to follow up with my collection of quotes.
I would love to know which one of the quotes stuck out to you most and why….and if you have any of your favorite quotes / life lessons, feel free to share in the comments below.