For this installment of UnOfficial BridesMaid, I am bringing you advice from none other than actual brides of mine. They have been through the wedding planning process and give some incredibly useful tips based on their personal experiences.
I asked them for their best advice to help you with the wedding planning and this is what they have to say…..
- A Checklist is a must!!! ~Afra
- Budget wisely. ~Sara Rouab
- Plan ahead this way you will not get worried about thigs popping up all of a sudden on wedding day! ~ Aysha
- Invest in PHOTOGRAPHY and lower the budget for other things as photos r the only thing that the bride gets to keep as a memory from her wedding day. ~ Maram
- Relax and enjoy every single moment. Stressing out will make things worse and hard to get. ~ Reem AlHosani
- Run! ~ Amna (lol. Amna, you are hilarious).
- 1. Do. Not. Panic !
2. Let your first priority on your wedding day be to having fun with your groom and family. Forget about the formalities.
3. Eliminate sources of distraction and don’t let others interfere.
4. The last few weeks before the wedding should be about relaxing, spa days and just day dreaming…..no stress….no staying up late! And drink lots of water.
5. Practice! Try on your shoes, dress, veil and practice moving in them. ~ Meera
- Once you know the wedding date:
1. Find your perfect wedding gown
2. Book your photographer, makeup artist & hairstylist immediately.
3. Pamper yourself.
4. Relax! everything will be ok! ~ Hind
- The first process is to search the good makeup artist. And then go to the super hero (RIMA) ~ Mahra (I swear, I didn’t pay her to say that :D)
- 1. Finish everything about your wedding 1 week before the wedding , keep the last week for RELAXING !
2. Write every small thing and take the list to the venue so you won’t forget anything.
3. Keep extra money in your handbag for last minute things.
4. Keep the room clean, where you will be getting ready.
5. Try to stay alone in your room till you finish everything (makeup, photography, etc). ~ Moza
- No matter what happens, you should be calm, happy and confident. Don’t stress your self over few decoration or makeup mistakes. Don’t be sad nor cry over silly things. People should think of the meaning of this day not the over look – Meera AlNuaimi
So brides-to-be, plan ahead of time to avoid any mishaps, relax and everything will be great! Look at the bigger picture, go with the flow, and enjoy your day to the fullest. May this day be the better than what you have planned it to be.
Your unofficial bridesmaid,