If you have been worried about whether to have your grooms-to-be look at you before you go into the ballroom or on the stage, then this is the post for you. I’m a huge supporter of having the bride and groom do the First-Look (yani, meet each other before the party begins) for several reasons.
Now before we continue, I want to put a disclaimer: my clients are not required to do the first-look at all…It is totally up to the brides. Some families are more conservative than the others and that is absolutely okay with me. I respect my brides’ decisions regardless of our difference of opinion. But over the years of documenting weddings, I can only make suggestions to the couples as I want the BESTESTEST for them (yeah, I made that word up 😉 ).
So, couples who choose to do first-look before going to the reception/ballroom experience the following advantages:
- Fresh Make-up & Hair – oh lord, have mercy! I think I don’t even need to explain this one…
- Get the Reaction – every bride wants that from the groom. The experience of having your life-partner standing there with a dropped jaw, mesmerized by your beauty is priceless. Because UAE’s local weddings are segregated 99.999% of the times, the groom get too nervous entering the ballroom full of covered women and don’t express their feelings of looking at their beautiful bride. First-looks are the best remedy for that.
- More Time for photos – couples who do first-look get the photography done and are relaxed during the party. Remember, the more time you give to your photographer & videographer, the better job they’ll do.
- Recover the Investment – you invest a lot in wedding photography & videography, and by doing the first-look before the reception, couples generally get 40% more photos. These are the photos for the albums, house decorations, photos you’ll show your grandkids, your legacy! Make the most out of your investment….
- Time to Yourselves – this is the only intimate time you’ll get with each other during the wedding before its 12 am and the day changes. By having the first look before the party lets the groom tell you privately how beautiful you look. Believe me on this one!
- More romantic photos – the more time you get to yourselves alone, the more chances there are to share compliments & make lifelong promises that result in more of romantic photos together.
- More Energy – guess who’s wearing the heavy dress, high heels, and make-up? You are my dear brides. YOU are. Having the first look allows you get the photography and videography done when you have lots of energy. Not only that, the photographer & videographer have a lot of energy to be creative.
- Enjoy the Party – now put all the points together….you got the reaction, recovered the investment, had some time alone with your groom, got very creative & romantic photos while you had energy….now what? It’s time for you to relax & enjoy the party. Dance the night away my friend…
With that been said, I’ll sign off with the hope that this post helped you make your decision regarding the first-look. May you enjoy your night to the fullest!
If you have any questions/concerns, please send me an email on email@example.com. If you have tips, feel free to leave them in the comment box to help others.
Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid,