Although I’ve been blogging for years, writing this one makes me feel like a newbie as it is my first blog giving out tips to the future brides-to-be. I’m not a wedding planner or any guru but after couple of years of meeting and working with lots of brides, I feel comfortable to post these tips. This post is merely to assist the brides-to-be with the wedding planning. Because these are the tips magazines might not give.
Future Brides, are you ready???
Here are the 5 tips to help you with the wedding planning.
- Services over Products. Once you have the date confirmed, book service based vendors first. Venue, makeup artist, hairstylist, and of course the photographer! These are the people who tend to get booked by another bride. Dress, shoes, cake, party favors can be bought/ordered later from variety of retailers but once a service based vendor is booked, you might not get them for your wedding.
- Personality over Perception. Plan ahead so you have enough time to meet vendors in person. Especially those who are providing services. Your makeup artist, hairstylist, and photographer are the people you’ll be spending most time with on your wedding day. Just because one vendor is famous doesn’t mean they will gel along with you on the wedding day. Personality matters a lot. Choose wisely!
- Quality over Quantity. Let me ask you this…is it better to choose a yucky 7 tier huge but dry cake for lower price instead of a delicious 3 tier cake from an awesome baker? Of course not! Instead of hiring a low-priced amateur vendor who is giving you free this and that, it is better to hire a professional. Remember, it is once in a lifetime day.
- Comfort over Crisis. In the last fitting of your dress, make sure you sit down in it. Trust me on that one! I had a bride who wore a gorgeous fish-tale dress customized just for her. It fit her so0o0o0 perfectly and she looked jaw-dropping beautiful but once she reached the stage, she couldn’t sit down. I still cringe thinking about that day. Opt for a comfortable to move in dress and shoes, easy to carry hair, and manageable bouquet so you can enjoy the party.
- Reality over Fantasy. Every bride dreams of a perfect day. And they totally should. But brides get too easily depressed by late schedules, screaming bridesmaids, wrong color of bouquet, uninvited guests, etc. Things are bound to happen. Girls, please don’t let anything or anyone ruin the day for you. No matter what happens, you are the star of the night. Surround yourself with positive people, overcome the stress, take the spotlight and shine like a star.
I hope these tips help you perceive & approach the wedding planning process in new light. I pray that your wedding is even more glorious than your plans. If you have any questions/concerns, please send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have tips, feel free to leave them in the comment box to help others.
~ Your UnOfficial Bridesmaid – Rima