This past weekend I had the honor of photographing an extravagant engagement at the lavish Ajman Saray Resort. While I was busy capturing the beauty of the gorgeous bride, my assistant was handing me lenses, fixing the bride’s gown, and holding the bouquet as I told the bride about the poses.
In the midst of both my assistant & I running around, I made the bride sit down on the sofa for some new poses I wanted to try. Because this was her first time in front of a professional camera, I tried to help by sitting on the sofa next to her’s so I can showcase the exact look I wanted.
Next thing you know, I sat on her bouquet which I failed to notice was placed on the sofa. No, not as easily as you read this. I Fr*eaking Sat On Her Bouquet. With All My Weight. Before she even Made-the-Big-Entrance. 2-3 flowers came out of it. I freaked out and said sorry to the bride a million times. I was panicking even more when she started laughing and for how patient she was about everything.
This incident changed my mind about a few things:
1. Always look 1, 2, even 3 times before & after you sit anywhere.
2. Be patient when other people make mistakes. No seriously! If I was the bride, I would’ve screamed if the photographer sat on my expensive bouquet before the party even started.
3. Be more forgiving! People don’t make mistakes intentionally.
4. Photograph the details. Especially those that have the chance of being sat on.
5. Remember Blunder should be my middle name? May be it should be my first….
~ Blunder Rima Hassan